The militant Islamic sect, Boko Haram, on Monday razed down two trucks loaded with oranges and a Toyota Hilux vehicles, and abducted their drivers.
This latest attack came about 24 hours after some suspected members of the deadly sect ambushed motorists on Gwoza- Firgi- Ngurosoya federal highway around the trouble-prone area of the state, killing five passengers, including a man who was on his way to Maiduguri to attend his brother’s wedding.
Monday ambush was on the volatile Maiduguri-Damboa- Biu road, which had witnessed series of highway raids while scores of people had been killed by the outlawed sect.
It was gathered that the latest attack occurred few kilometres away from Limanti/ Bullabulin Ngarwa communities, where series of deadly road attacks, masterminded by the Boko Haram sect, had taken place in recent times.
Speaking to journalists in Maiduguri, a commercial driver, mallam Musa Usman, who narrowly escaped been caught up in the attack, said the sect took to the highway at about 9am.
He said some suspected members of the notorious sect were seen driving from their haven in the Sambisa Game Forest unto the highway and on getting to the highway barricaded other vehicles, “They set ablaze three vehicles including a truck loaded with oranges.”
Usman added that immediately he got to the scene, few minutes after the attack, he saw the terrorists forcefully ordering the abducted drivers into their vehicles.
He explained that he made a U-turn and drove furiously back to Maiduguri.