NEWS
Trending

Over 500 recover from meningitis in Yobe – official

No fewer than 564 patients out of the 636 recorded cases of meningitis outbreak in Yobe have recovered, an official has said.

Mr Haruna Umar, the Disease Surveillance and Notification Officer, Primary Healthcare Management Board, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Damaturu.

Umar said that 22 deaths had been recorded with 564 patients fully recovered while the remaining 50 were being observed and managed at isolation centres

Umar said that the first suspected case was reported on Dec 24, 2023, and confirmed on Jan 26.

He added that the 636 cases were recorded across six local government areas: Machina, Nangere, Fika, Fune, Potiskum, and Gujba.

The health official assured that the government had taken proactive measures to curb the spread of the disease in the state.

” The government has established treatment centers in the  affected LGAs, including temporary isolation camps in some secondary schools

“The government has also engaged 18 ad hoc staff, including two medical doctors at the isolation centers, among other measures,” Umar added (NAN)

READ ALSO:  CLO urges Tinubu, Kingibe to halt demolition of Asokoro Estate

Related Articles

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!
Verified by MonsterInsights